Do You Know What Remote Sensing Is And How Do You Make A Career Out Of It?
What Is Remote Sensing?
The measurement of the earth using sensors is known as remote sensing. The energy that Earth reflects back is typically detected by remote sensors to gather data. Aircraft and satellites both have these sensors in place. In order to analyse and visualise the data, remote sensors alter the images that they collect as data in the form of images. Given that GIS systems use remote sensors to visualise and analyse the data they collect, there is a relationship between GIS and remote sensors.
Why Pursue A Postgraduate Diploma In Remote Sensing?
Graduate students in science and technology have the option of doing a one-year diploma program in remote sensing, which will prepare them for a career that will only become available to them once they have earned a Master's degree in the area.
- After completing the course, individuals would join the team serving the country, much like entering a training session.
- Students have the option to collaborate directly with the defence, mining, and resource management industries as well as the agriculture sector.
- Students will graduate from the course with the ability to use a computer-based system to inspect and research soil, forest geographic areas, underwater testing, mountain monitoring, etc.
- Students will learn how to investigate satellite signals, radiation, and radio frequency using their newfound knowledge of remote sensing. It would be a diploma course.
- The Diploma program would provide as a solid foundation for Master's or Ph.D.-level higher education in the area.
PG Diploma In Remote Sensing: Future Scope
Numerous disciplines, including all environmental sciences, agriculture, archaeology, urban planning, water management, meteorology, engineering, and even business, employ this Remote Sensing data.
Private businesses that provide photos and data to Google, Bing, the federal government, scientists, academic and research libraries, and others are increasingly using remote sensing. Specialists may work in consulting businesses, software development companies, and research labs where they are expected to advance software, hardware, or data analysis methods.
How Can You Learn Remote Sensing?
BTU Provides A Post-Graduation Diploma In Remote Sensing Technology.
The one-year Post Graduate (PG) Diploma in Remote Sensing program provides in-depth instruction in geographic information systems (GIS), global positioning systems (GNSS), and satellite image analysis.
The study of soil, land, and forests, mapping, weather science, disaster management, natural resources, etc. are all sophisticated fields of knowledge that fall within the category of remote sensing.
Graduation in science, math or engineering is the prerequisite for the course. Entrance exams are used in the admissions process.
PG Diploma In Remote Sensing: Course Highlights
|Course Level||PG Diploma|
|Full-Form||Post-graduation diploma in Remote Sensing Technology.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam And Interview|
|Job Positions||GIS Officer, GIS Technician, Professor, Remote Sensing Tech Lead, Project Manager, Geographer, etc.|
Remote Sensing: Specializations
Nine distinct specialties of the PG Diploma program have been offered. All specialties originate from various parts of the world's geography. From the table below, students can learn more about the specialties offered for the course in their chosen fields:
|1||Agriculture And Soil|
|2||Forest Resources And Ecosystem Analysis|
|4||Marine And Atmospheric Science|
|5||Natural Hazards And Disaster Risk Management|
|6||Satellite Image Analysis And Photogrammetry|
|7||Special Data Science|
|8||Urban And Regional Studies|
- Agriculture And Soil - In these specializations, you can learn about agriculture and the environment Assessment of Land Use and Soil Resources through Satellite Agriculture Meteorology and Assessment of Land Use and Soil Resources
- Forest Resources And Ecosystem Analysis - In these specializations, you can learn about computerized Forestry Inventory of forests Analyses of forest ecosystems Forest Monitoring and Mapping
- GeoScience - In these specializations, you can learn about groundwater, engineering, and geology Geoscience data processing and analysis Planetary geosciences, applied Earth science, and tectonic geomorphology
- Marine And Atmospheric ScienceIn these specializations, you can learn about processes Along the Coast and Marine Ecology Satellite Oceanography, Satellite Meteorology, and Atmospheric and Ocean Dynamics
- Natural Hazards And Disaster Risk Management - In these specializations, you can learn about Modeling and analysis of geological hazards using geoinformatics Natural disasters and disaster management concept Analysis and Modeling of Hydrological Risks
- Satellite Image Analysis And Photogrammetry - In these specializations, you can learn about Algorithm for Mapping Image Processing and Digital Photogrammetry Processing of Geodata and Emerging Sensors computational mathematics
- Special Data ScienceIn these specializations, you can learn about Programming for Big Data and Machine Learning in Data Processing Assimilation of data Modeling in Space
- Urban And Regional Studies - In these specializations, you can learn about Advanced geospatial technology, the basics of urban and regional planning, and an analysis of resources, services, and facilities
- Water Resources - In these specializations, you can learn about Improvement of Water Resources Planning and Management of Water Resources, Satellite Hydrology Planning for conservation and watershed hydrology.
PG Diploma In Remote Sensing Eligibility Criteria
- A bachelor's degree in science, mathematics, engineering, technology, or computer science is the bare minimum requirement for eligibility.
BTU’s Admission Process For B.Tech In 2022-23 -
Candidates for admission must complete the application form according to the instructions below.
Step 1 - Visit the official website of (https://www.birtikendrajituniversity.ac.in/)Bir Tikendrajit University then select the "Admission" tab. Select “Admission Form” and fill in details respectively.
Step 2 - The application must be completed with the required information following successful registration.
Step 3 - Pay Admission Fees
Step 4 - Upload Required Documents
Step 5 - To finish the Admission procedure, Submit and Wait For the Document's Approval Verification.
Documents Needed During The Admission Process
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Graduation Passing Mark Sheet
- Adhar Card
- Debit/Credit Card Details
- Passport Size Photo
What Will Be The Career Opportunity After Completion Of This Course?
The success of the modern corporate sector, whether it be public or private, depends on accurate data collection and application. complex data of grey geographic areas, whose monitoring is only possible through satellite mapping, are analysed using remote sensing technology.
Some Of The Best Positions For Remote Sensing Candidates Are Listed Below
- Geographer - Gather and evaluate data, then use it to create information and maps.
- GIS Technician - Map creation, data manipulation, and GIS application customization
- Drafter - Creating designs for various production facilities
- GIS Officer - overseeing the work of a geographer and a GIS technician. Take a significant decision in light of the data analysis
- Surveyor - Using the technological tool, conduct geographic research for various regions.
- Remote Sensing Specialist - By planning and carrying out data collection operations for remote sensing, remote sensing experts assist scientists. For instance, they choose the ideal methods, tools, spectral band, and time of day for a certain task. They might create flight plans, set up sensors, use the methods to gather data on the ground, and process the collected data.